BBC NEWSNIGHT REFUGEE POLL
Poll of 1000 British adults about the migrant crisis for BBC Newsnight
Here are the key findings from the ComRes poll for the programme.
- 40% OF PUBLIC IN FAVOUR OF TAKING MORE REFUGEES
- Four in ten members of the public say that Britain should allow more refugees from countries such as Syria or Libya to come and live here
- Although taking more refugees is the most popular single option (40%), there is a combined majority against increasing numbers
- 31% say Britain should take fewer and an additional 26% say it should take about the same amount as it currently does
- There has also been a large shift in attitudes towards allowing migrants coming to Britain via an EU quota system
Read the poll and its findings in full on the ComRes website.