How to reach young people?
A topic from the World Cafe session of the National Gathering 2017.
- Trust is precarious - be careful not to go outside of parents’ authority
- Chance for young Muslims to get to know Christians first-hand rather than misconceptions taught
- Children provide natural connection to build relationship
- Informal sports, e.g. football/cricket in park; Tae Kwon Do
- Parenting and Play groups opportunity for parents and children to socialise
- Some activities that have helped: Youth clubs, Messy Church (mind gender arrangements)
- Opportunity to share Bible Stories, e.g. school assemblies (Open the Book), Christmas and Easter events in community