Qur'an: friend or foe?
A topic from the World Cafe session of the National Gathering 2017.
- Muslims believe Bible has been corrupted
- Our interpretations may be misused/turned against us
- If we start using Qur'an to quote anything of God, it may damage Christians
- We may not have enough knowledge of the Qur'an to engage fruitfully
- Muslims not encouraged to ask questions in their own tradition, appreciate the opportunity to discuss and learn
- Gives us chance to explain meaning and challenge preconceptions of corruption
- Opportunity for Muslims to learn about meaning of Qur'an and contradictions between it and traditions
- There is more about Jesus than Muhammad in Qur'an
- Chance to let the Bible tell its own story