FAMILIES MINISTRY LEADER, BIRMINGHAM
Edward Road Baptist Church (Balsall Heath, Birmingham) is looking for the right person to be a key member of the church eldership and to lead the Families Ministry on a three-quarter-time to full-time basis, initially for a three-year term.
The successful applicant will:
- Be passionate about making Jesus known through church ministry to churched and unchurched families
- Be passionate about discipling believers
- Understand and value cross-cultural mission in a deprived, multi-cultural and multifaith, inner-city community
- Be a good team leader and administrator who is able to think strategically and to take initiative
- Be gifted at supervising volunteers and team members
- Demonstrate good pastoral and listening skills
- Be a humble and gracious team player who’s able to work with people from different backgrounds
The successful applicant will have specific responsibility for the families’ ministry, as well as a key role in wider church ministry, including teaching and preaching.
They will work closely with the senior pastor and be accountable to the eldership.
They will be a practicing Christian and in full support of the Evangelical Alliance Basis of faith. (By the nature of the job this is regarded as a specific occupational requirement).
Location & salary
Based in Balsall Heath, Birmingham, the salary will be £22,500 (pro rata), in line with BU Home Mission stipend.
Pastors will also receive a manse allowance, currently set by the BU at £6,000, as well as some additional expenses.
Monday 5th June 2017
Thursday 29th June 2017
Anticipated Start Date