Inspiring action through prayer
Lovefast is finished for 2017, but will begin again on 15 May 2018 alongside Ramadan and the 30 Days of Prayer for the Muslim World initiative. Sign up now!
This year's entries
Each daily entry will appear below (starting Saturday 27 May):
N.B. Please feel free to download and distribute this video via Vimeo
What is Lovefast?
Every year, following the lunar calendar, Muslims around the world fast and pray, earnestly seeking revelation from God and to become closer to him - this is the holy month of Ramadan.
Since 2014, Mahabba has run a prayer initiative to help Christians engage with Ramadan positively in prayer and action.
The aim of Lovefast is to couple prayer with action; that Jesus be unveiled to Muslims through practical acts of kindness in the community around Christians in their communities.
The campaign is designed to complement and run alongside the 30 Days of Prayer for the Muslim World booklet. It was inspired by Stewardship’s #40Acts of generosity campaign during Lent.
Join us again for prayer, action and encouragement: Saturday 27 May to Sunday 25 June 2017.
How does it work?
- Subscribe to the Lovefast maillist (see form below)
- Get hold of your 30 Days of Prayer booklet (order via the button below)
- Each day of Ramadan you will receive a short ‘thought for the day’ directly in your inbox
- This will also contain ways to pray for Muslims and engage practically
- Once you’re done, share your interactions on social media!
- See below for an example of a daily e-mail from last year
SIGN UP today
order your 30 Days of Prayer booklet
Distributed in the UK by Kitab - Interserve's resource centre
What about the 30 Days of Prayer guide?
- Lovefast is designed to complement the annual 30 Days of Prayer guide, which has been going for over 20 years
- We encourage you to get hold of it and use it alongside Lovefast, as our interactions will follow each day in the guide
- Order your copy directly using the button above
- 30 Days of Prayer aims to:
- Help Christians gain a better understanding about Muslim people, their faith and their various, diverse cultures
- See an increase in efforts to respond with love and compassion to the needs of Muslims around the world
- See a greater interest in Jesus among Muslim peoples
Are you on social media?
Mahabba is on social media, and we encourage you to engage with us and others during Lovefast to build this movement of prayer and action.
Don’t forget to use the #lovefast hashtag, and use #30dop for 30 Days of Prayer for the Muslim World.