Friendship First is a course that helps Christians share Jesus with Muslims.
It is an interactive, non-specialist course of six-sessions, incorporating a set of DVDs and workbooks.
It enables Christians to approach their Muslim friends with confidence. It equips participants with the skills and resources to be an effective witness to Jesus.
Friendship First was developed out of Mahabba in its early days through the knowledge and experience of experts in our Network.
It has transformed the way Christians relate the gospel to the Muslims they come into contact with.
It is now part of The Friendship Trio group of resources, which leads Muslims from friendship, to faith, to discipleship all in the context of friendship with Christians.
- A DVD course for churches and small groups to help the church be ready to receive believers from Muslim background
- Six weeks – 90 minutes per session:
- Journeys to Jesus
- The pearl of great price
- Welcome to the family
- Being transformed
- A blessing to our churches
- Ambassadors for Jesus
- The DVD includes many helpful interviews with believers from Muslim background
- Cost of DVD course & book: £40 | Cost of book: £10 (the book can be purchased as a standalone)
Now is the time
- Islam & Muslim people
- Islam, a whole way of life
Muslim values and culture
- What matters to Muslims
Good news for our Muslim friends
- What makes it ‘good news’?
- Longing for assurance
Our Muslim friends
- Muslim people in Britain
- Building bridges of friendship
Visit to a local mosque
Ways to witness
- What to say and how to say it
- Telling your story
- Helping new believers
- What next from here?
FRIENDSHIP FIRST AND PRESENCE & ENGAGEMENT
The Church of England Presence & Engagement website referred warmly to the Friendship Course in its May 2015 newsletter, Anvil.