Prophets Stories Training Day
- Saturday 24 June
9:45 am - 4:00 pm
BMS International Mission Centre, 24 Weoley Park Road, Birmingham, B29 6QX
Prophet Stories is a new tool which enables groups of everyday Muslim and Christian people to talk about what we understand about God, through the listening and telling of the same prophet stories from the Qur’an and the Bible.
Ideal for those working in the context of church projects which serve Muslim people in their neighbourhood, Friendship Houses, or those who have opportunity to share faith conversations on a regular basis. It may also be useful in school settings.
The book includes session plans, notes on understanding biblical and Qur’anic texts, similarities and differences between the texts, exercises to encourage listening, pictures to help the telling of stories.
The day will be a seminar enabling practitioners to deliver this resource in their setting, including the toolkit to do so. Including training, the book and refreshment, it is a ‘bring your own lunch’ event.
Prophets Stories is sponsored by the Bible Society.
What is Prophets Stories?
- Using the stories of the Prophets in grassroots Christian/Muslim dialogue
- Giving each other the time, space and ‘hospitality’ of really listening to the ‘other Book’s’ story
- Exploring through asking questions and reflecting together
- Discovering new things about God rather that an expert teaching or ‘telling’ of the truth
- A one day seminar enabling you to deliver this resource in your setting—toolkit provided
- Assisting people to find their way into the Bible
What does the resource include?
- Session Plans
- Notes on understanding the biblical and Qur’anic texts
- The similarities and differences
- Exercises to encourage listening
- Pictures to help the telling of the stories.