- Why do we collect your personal data?
- What do we do with your personal data?
- Will we do other things with it in the future?
- What if you do not provide information or consent?
- What do we do to ensure the security of your information?
- What are your rights of access to your data?
- What will we not do with your data?
Privacy notice - Giving
Note: 'we' = Mahabba Network; 'you' = you, the individual
1. Why do we collect Your personal data?
We're a growing Network across the UK serving Christians who have amazing opportunities to share Jesus with Muslims in their communities.
This is great, but it needs financial support to keep the show on the road!
We provide a couple of ways for people to support us financially, whether one-off or regular, although in order to do so, we ask for some personal data.
This is so that we can process and setup your giving to Mahabba, and, if you choose, stay in touch with you so that we can share the impact that your giving is happening.
2. What do we do with your personal data?
We use third-party applications to process and setup your financial giving, so your data is passed on securely in order to complete your request.
When you submit an electronic giving form on our website, your information is through a service operated by Donorfy which facilitates the setup of your gift. It also enters your details on our database.
This is so that we can keep track of gifts (as they soon add up!) and ensure that we can communicate with you (or not), depending on the preferences you have specified on the form.
By necessity, we need to collect your title, first name, last name, e-mail and giving amount in order to process your gift electronically.
If you choose, you can submit further details, like your address, if you want to receive communication by post.
You can make clear your communication preferences on the giving form, which we will respect, although we encourage you to choose e-mail as it is most convenient.
GoCardless & Stripe
If you setup a regular gift it will be processed either by GoCardless or Stripe after the initial details have been recorded by Donorfy, as above.
To be clear, we only process your data and information according to your original request, so do not pass your details on, apart from to the payment processors to complete the transactions.
Since your data is processed by GoCardless of Stripe, it means we have a backup copy of your details, in case we lose access to it on Donorfy, or if it loses your data.
It also means that we can respond to access requests (see below).
Other ways of giving
If you give via a different method (such as Stewardship, cheque or standing order) we will enter the details on our system accordingly.
Additionally, if you choose to stay in touch with us via e-mail, we will automatically add your e-mail address to a maillist on MailChimp.
This is so that we can send you periodic updates and encouragements about your giving so that you know what we are doing and that your donation is being out to good use.
We do not use this mail list for any other purposes other than to do with giving.
You can unsubscribe or change your preferences at any time using unsubscribe links at the bottom of the e-mails that you receive from MailChimp.
3. Will we do other things with it in the future?
We do not do anything with your data other than use it to set up your giving and communicate with you according to your request at the time of its submission.
We will not use it for unrelated purposes or contact you about things unrelated to your original request.
If you contact us again in the future, we will treat it independently.
4. What if you do not provide information or consent?
You can state your preferred communications channels when you give.
However, if you do not give us permission to contact you by e-mail, it will mean that you will not hear about all the amazing things that are going on through the Network.
We advise that, as a minimum, you choose to stay in touch via e-mail.
We provide a clear note with the form (linking to this page you are reading) indicating that we will process your data in order to fulfil your request.
Obviously, if you choose not to provide the information required on the giving form, we will not be able to take your request further.
If you do want to discuss alternative ways of giving, do get in touch with our team in The Hub.
5. What do we do to ensure the security of your information?
- We do not store any of your personal information on our website
- We use two-factor authentication where possible to add an extra layer of security to protect data
- We use a secure password manager to store passwords and log in to sites and other services - we do not recycle short, insecure passwords across multiple sites!
- We do not share login credentials between members of our team, but set appropriate permissions for access where needed to ensure that your data is not compromised
- We keep our security settings up to date to ensure that if there is a breach, we can quickly rectify it or regain access to accounts
6. What are your rights of access to your data?
- We operate according to the legislation on data protection, which means that you have the right of access to your data which we store and process
- You have the right to request that we provide this
- We will do so free of charge and in a commonly-used or machine-readable format
- If you would like us to delete or provide your data electronically, please submit an access request
7. What will we not do with your data?
- When we receive a request from you to get in touch with a Mahabba group, we will:
- Not automatically add you to a mailing list
- Not share your data with a third-party other than those we believe can specifically help with your request (for example, if you want to get in touch with someone in the Network)
- Not contact you out of the blue six months later about something unrelated
- Not contact you after your request has been resolved, unless you submit a further, separate enquiry