Holy Injil, Luke – A New Translation from the Original Greek with Commentary
This is a great Christmas gift for Muslim friends, as well as to any Muslim who is interested in learning more about Isa al Masih (Jesus Christ) throughout the year.
The new English translation of Luke was officially launched at a Christmas Mehfil, with guest, including the Scottish Ahlul Bayt Society.
This book includes:
- An introduction, using the Qur’an, which encourages Muslims to read the Injil
- A new translation of Luke from the original Greek into English that Muslims use, with religious terminology and names that they are familiar with
- Commentary provides useful Old Testament or cultural background, attempts to deal with difficulties a Muslim reader may encounter as they read through Luke, explain biblical themes and cross-references the Qur’an where it is helpful to do so
- More in-depth appendices on: The Revelation of the Injil, The title 'spiritual Son of Allah', The Kingdom of Allah, The title 'al-Masih', The title 'Son of Man', The suffering and martyrdom of ’Isa al-Masih, Why did ’Isa al-Masih suffer and die?, The 'Gospel of Barnabas'
- It has been read and reviewed by translation consultants and by Muslims
See below to order copies.
To read more of the discussions about the translation, feedback from those who have used it and other comments, see The City. This includes conversations about the difference between 'son of man' and 'son of God'.
Requires logon - if you are not part of The City, you can sign up here >
Comments from Muslim readers
Recommendations for 'Holy Injil, Luke'
How to order copies
Copies are available direct from the author. Please note, orders are not handled by Mahabba.
'Holy Injil, Luke' is marked at £8.00, but there is a special introductory offer of 50% off:
- 1 copy is £4.00 + £1.58 postage
- 5 copies are £16.00 + £2.90 postage
N.B. Costs are to UK addresses. Different rates apply to overseas.
If you’d like to order, please fill in the form below, which will be directed to the author directly.