- Why do we collect your personal data?
- What do we do with your personal data?
- Will we do other things with it in the future?
- What if you do not provide information or consent?
- What do we do to ensure the security of your information?
- What are your rights of access to your data?
- What will we not do with your data?
Privacy notice - contact a group
Back to Find a group →
Note: 'we' = Mahabba Network; 'you' = you, the individual
1. Why do we collect Your personal data?
Lots of people want to find their nearest Mahabba group, find out more and get involved - that's great!
We provide the contact a group form so that you can do just that, and ask for some personal data in the process.
This is so that we can interact with you personally as a human being and return correspondence, as you clearly want us to put you in touch with the relevant group or have a particular question.
As such, we require that you provide your name and e-mail address as a bare minimum.
2. What do we do with your personal data?
You will need to talk to the coordinator of the group you want to contact, so we will pass on your name and e-mail as part of your request.
The coordinator will then typically reply to you and we will close your request. The coordinator will see all of the information that you provided on the original contact a group form.
Sometimes we involve a Regional Facilitator from our team to help connect you. Each facilitator looks after a region with Mahabba groups, so can help.
Again, as above, we will pass on your name and e-mail in order to fulfil your original request.
When you submit the form, it is directed to our helpdesk software called Zendesk that gives your enquiry a ticket number.
This is so that we can keep track of enquiries (as we get a lot!) and ensure that we respond in a timely fashion. It Also means we can check that you are satisfied we have answered you as best we can.
Your name and e-mail, are passed to Zendesk and stored in the system, allowing us to respond to you by e-mail.
You will also receive an automated message via Zendesk, notifying you that we have received your message safely.
We also store a copy of your enquiry (including the personal data that you provided) on a Google Document.
This is so that we have a backup copy, in case we lose access to Zendesk, or if it loses your data.
It also means that we can respond to access requests (see below).
N.B. if you contact us directly via our e-mail address, we do not store a copy of your request on Google Drive; only on Zendesk. This is because the two apps are not currently integrated with each other.
3. Will we do other things with it in the future?
We do not do anything with your data other than use it in order to help you connect with the group in question, according to your request at the time of its submission.
We will not use it to send you newsletters in the future or contact you out of the blue or anything else unrelated to the original request.
If you send us another enquiry some time in the future, we will look at previous correspondence in Zendesk to help us respond personally, thoughtfully and comprehensively.
4. What if you do not provide information or consent?
To get in touch with a group within the Mahabba Network via our contact a group form, we need an e-mail address to respond and process your enquiry.
We provide a clear note with the form (linking to this page your are reading) indicating that we will process your data in order to fulfil your request.
By necessity, you need to provide an e-mail address. Without this we cannot answer your enquiry, and you will be unable to submit the form without it.
5. What do we do to ensure the security of your information?
- We do not store any of your personal information on our website
- We use two-factor authentication where possible to add an extra layer of security to protect data
- We have chosen Zendesk (where your enquiry lands) because it follows industry best practices. Find out more →
- We use Google's Drive to store a backup of your enquiry because it is similarly committed to best practice with security. Find out more →
- We use a secure password manager to store passwords and log in to Zendesk and other services - we do not recycle short, insecure passwords across multiple sites!
- We do not share login credentials between members of our team, but set appropriate permissions for access where needed to ensure that your data is not compromised
- We keep our security settings up to date to ensure that if there is a breach, we can quickly rectify it or regain access to accounts
6. What are your rights of access to your data?
- We operate according to the legislation on data protection, which means that you have the right of access to your data which we store and process
- You have the right to request that we provide this
- We will do so free of charge and in a commonly-used or machine-readable format
- If you would like us to delete or provide your data electronically, please submit an access request
7. What will we not do with your data?
- When we receive a request from you to get in touch with a Mahabba group, we will:
- Not automatically add you to a mailing list
- Not share your data with a third-party other than those we believe can specifically help with your request (for example, if you want to get in touch with someone in the Network)
- Not contact you out of the blue six months later about something unrelated
- Not contact you after your request has been resolved, unless you submit a further, separate enquiry