Prophets Stories training workshop Derby
A one-day training workshop, which uses the stories of the Prophets in grassroots Christian-Muslim dialogue.
The Prophets Stories method gives each other the time, space and ‘hospitality’ of really listening to the ‘other Book’s’ story.
- Exploring through asking questions and reflecting
- Discovering new things about God rather that an expert teaching or ‘telling’ of the truth.
- A one day seminar enabling you to deliver this resource in your setting - toolkit provided.
- Assisting people to find their way into the Bible
The resource book includes:
- Session Plans
- Notes on understanding the biblical and Qur’anic texts
- The similarities and differences
- Exercises to encourage listening
- Pictures to help the telling of the stories
Resource and seminars are sponsored by the Bible Society
Saturday 16 September 2017, 10:00am – 4:00pm
Upbeat Communities, 1-3 St. Chads Road, Derby, DE23 6RS
- Refreshments provided but bring a packed lunch
- Contact Elliot for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
This new resource is ideal for those working in the context of church projects which serve Muslim people in their neighbourhood, friendship houses, or those who have opportunity to share faith conversations on a regular basis. It may also be useful in school settings and interfaith meetings.
It is a tool which enables groups of 'everyday' Muslim and Christian people to talk about what we understand about God, through the listening of and telling of the same prophet's story from both the Qur'an and the Bible.
Starting with commonality and moving on to difference we cover the stories of Jonah, then Joseph, Noah, Adam, Abraham, Moses and Jesus. Together we learn how these stories teach us about God and what they might have to say to us today.
Myths about ‘the other’ are dismantled, fear and suspicion turn to love and respect, deep things are shared, new in-sights gained, and strong bonds are developed.
Prophets Stories was initiated in situ in Bristol; now used in other cities. It was created by Jan Pike, is published by the Bible Society. Contact: email@example.com